A new film about the late Apple founder is beginning its pre-production and is currently searching for extras in the Bay area. The new movie, tentatively titled “Steve Jobs,” is based upon the biography written by Walter Isaacson with the same title. The casting call was released by Beau Bonneau Casting for San Francisco locals to fill various extra roles that will be reoccurring throughout a few scenes in the film. The project will begin filming in January of 2015 and continue through April. Beau Bonneau casting is looking for background actors that have an extremely flexible schedule and also are willing to grow out, or have, longer hair due the fact that the film is based in the 80’s and 90’s. Also, automobiles from this time period are being sought for use in the movie.
The movie will be largely centered on the launches of three groundbreaking Apple products. More excitingly the film is slated to be directed by one of the best in the business; Danny Boyle (Slumdog Millionaire, Trainspotting). The role of Steve Jobs was at one point rumored to up for either Leonardo DiCaprio or Christian Bale, however both would pass up the role. From there the role would make its way to Michael Fassbender (X-Men: Days of Future Past, Prometheus). The role of Steve Wozniak, Apple’s co-founder, will be played by Seth Rogan (The Interview, Knocked Up). There also the rumor that the movie will also feature Kate Winslett (Titanic, Divergent), but as of right now her role in the film is unknown.
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS FOR (we will update needs in a couple weeks):
– SAG-AFTRA 1983 Café Patrons/Pedestrians Friday 1/23, 18 & over, all ethnicities, some with Cars manufactured in ‘83 or earlier. *Union Only due to small # of background needed. Shoot location TBD, SF or East Bay. Fittings will be scheduled 1/13 in SF. * Smoking will be permitted indoors/outdoors as a sign of the times on this day; must be willing to work around smoke. If willing to smoke, please note in submission, tobacco-free alternatives will be provided.
– Non Union Core 1984 Background with Open Avail Mon 1/26 – Fri 2/6 in CUPERTINO. *Non Union only due to filming location; must have your own transportation! 18-40s, mostly Men with extremely flexible/wide open schedules needed to work repeatedly (up to 6-10 days) for continuity. Fittings 1/13 – 1/23 in San Francisco.
– Non Union 1984 Audience 3 or 4 Day – Fri 1/30, Sat 1/31, Mon 2/2, Tues 2/3 in CUPERTINO for continuity. *Non Union only due to location; must have your own transportation! 20s-early 50s. Some may work 3 Days 1/31, 2/2, 2/3. Fittings 1/13 – 1/23 in San Francisco.
– Core 1988 Background with Open Availability Mon 2/23 – Mon 3/16 in SF. Union/Non Union 18-40s, mostly Men (emphasis on South Asian, East Asian and Caucasian-appearing to reflect time period) with extremely flexible/wide open schedules needed to work repeatedly (up to 6-10 weekdays) for continuity. Fittings 2/5 – 2/19 in SF.
Hours/Rates: Film shoots are long, typically 12-14 hours and start early, i.e. 6AM or earlier, lasting through evening hours. Non Union Extras are paid min. wage for the city they shoot in. Cupertino extras get min payment of $72 for 8hrs, overtime at time & 1/2, double time after 12hrs based on CA State Min Wage $9.00. SF extras get min payment of $88.40 for 8hrs plus overtime at time ½, double time based on new SF min wage $11.05/hr effective 1/1/15. Fittings are in SF and paid at ¼ your 8hr day rate based on location. Union members get scale. Payment comes through the mail from a payroll company.
Employment Requirements: Valid Government approved ID must be presented on set for I-9 paperwork. Everyone must present valid government approved ID on set for I-9 paperwork or you cannot be employed. U.S. Citizens can use a current U.S. Passport alone or must have two forms of ID: a valid Driver’s License or State Photo ID with either a Social Security card or Birth Certificate. Non Citizens must have a Green Card, Permanent Resident Card or Work Authorization from the Dept. of Homeland Security.
HOW TO SUBMIT: email the following to JobsBBCExtras@gmail.com:
* Subject line: Role/Dates you are submitting for, Name, Union Status (Non Union or SAG-AFTRA#, Approx Age, City you live in, Cell
* Core submissions: Must be conflict free. Tell us about your schedule.
* Men: Hair – Don’t cut it if possible! If willing to grow hair/facial hair, please note it!
* Height, Weight & Clothing Sizes/Measurements
* Attach 2 new color snapshots, smiling close up from chest up & standing facing camera with natural hair, down if long (no product). No hats/sunglasses. Men: we may need hair growth progress pics in a couple weeks for approval!
* If we have not cast you for Union work before, please attach photo/scanned copy of your SAG-AFTRA card or other proof of Union membership.
* Owners of 1983or older vehicles in good condition (no show cars) – note Car Year, Color, Make, Model
Beau Bonneau Casting
Fill out the form below to be considered: