About ‘By Bizarre Hands’
Bizarre Hands is a theater adaptation of Joe R. Lansdale’s story set to be performed at the Theatre festival of Port Fringe. Performed based on their short story counterparts, the production(s) will focus on the dark and twisted sides of life. If a bone chilling and mesmerizing tale is what you’d like to see in such a way that it depicts the lengths of human endurance enough to make people cringe and stare in bewilderment, then this is the play for you! While the plot is being kept under the wraps due to some creative changes from the written work to the films, the directors are promising an exciting story scary enough to keep the audience holding their breaths and waiting anxiously for each new move revealing what the story has to change into.
The Casting Call for ‘By Bizarre Hands’
Below are the dates for the casting call.
- The auditions would commence from March 19th
- Time: 10:00 am to 01:00 pm.
- Venue: SMCC’s Hildreth Hall (In the video studio located on the second floor).
- A benefit to those interested but for some reason cannot make it on the 12th of March could still mail us so we would arrange another date in near future for their auditions.
- The characters won’t be paid but they’d sure be getting a chance at experience and popularity.
- The city of location would be: Portland, Maine.
- Submit your applications via email on: Damianmaffei@gmail.com
- Submit the applications latest by March 19th 2016, Saturday.
The final shows are scheduled on the following dates:
- June 21st 2016, Tuesday – 10:45 pm
- June 25th 2016, Saturday – 07:15 pm
- June 26th 2016, Sunday – 03:45 pm
About The Roles
The roles of the story ‘By Bizarre Hands’ which are required for the theater play (for which the call is), are two of the following major roles:
Role Description of Widow Case
The role of the Widow Case is one of the major roles in ‘By Bizarre Hands’ and has to be a female in her mid or late 30 years of age. The Widow Case is the character of a woman who is too hard on the core for she has responsibilities on her shoulders along with the pain in her heart. She not only carries the sorrow of her husband’s demise but also has to take care of her mentally ill daughter who is often beyond control. The role of a normal mother is difficult enough in such circumstances but the unusual case of hers would turn her into a woman who had lost all hope in life itself.
For the role of Cinderella
- For the role of Cinderella, a female actress is required
- For the role of Cinderella, an actress of any race or ethnicity could apply
- The age group needed for the role of Cinderella would be late teens or early 20’s.
Description of the role of Cinderella
The character, Cinderella is the mentally challenged daughter of the Widow Case and one of the major responsibilities of her lonely mother. Cinderella is a twisted character not just because she is not a normal person just like any other girl of her age; she is different in just too many ways. One thing that Cinderella is obsessed with is ants, out of all the species present on the face of earth; she is fond of, rather obsessed with ants. Another one of her eccentric obsessions is poking at dead animals with sticks. Now that is something no sane person would do and people often don’t expect that from a mentally challenged person either, thus this peculiar girl would not only be the talk of the town but also there could be some astounding reason behind these habits of her.
For all actors that are looking to be considered, we need your information as quickly as you can provide it. Please submit the form below at your earliest. Good luck!
Fill out the form below to be considered: